Friday 16 January 2015

Products I Regret Buying


As a beauty addict I try a lot of new products, always searching for the best of the best and those worthy of holy grail status. Sometimes, sadly I come across products that don't agree with my skin, hair or body and they become - products I regret buying. 

Is heard a lot of fantastic reviews about the Healthy Sexy Hair Soya Want hair spray so decided to give it a go. As soon as I sprayed that first spritz onto my hair, I knew this wasn't the product for me. The way it sprays out of the aerosol more so wets your hair than evenly spritz it! I won't be repurchasing this pretty pricey hair spray.

Yes to Cucumber products are generally pretty good. Having run out of my regular wipes, I randomly tried these and turns out they unfortunately disagreed with my skin. I had to stop using the wipes because they stung my eyes and the skin around them.

I came across the Aveda body Creme in a pack I bought and was looking forward to trying it out. I'm usually not picky with moisturisers because they generally all do the same. I lathered it on my legs overnight and woke up with it still sitting on top of my skin. This moisturiser is greasy and does not absorb - if that's something you like then this ones for you. 

So many people talk about the Chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation and for some it's their holy grail. I bought mine while on a holiday in Singapore and couldn't wait to get home and test it out. It took me a little while to work out, but this foundation was leaving my skin so greasy by the end of the day. It also made me break out quite a lot and once I realised this, I stopped using it. 

The Secret Pore HD Powder kind of came in my possession by mistake. I had ordered a primer from their website and this was sent incorrectly. The company never got back to me and I thought I should at least give this powder a go. Turns out it was no good for what I was after. It did mattify my skin so well but in photos I had such a white cast on my face - looked very silly. I think I may still use this powder but only when I know no photos will be taken. 

Please remember these products are ones that didn't work with my skin type and what didn't work for me may work for you. Hope this has helped give you my honest opinion and some insight on these products I've tested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment