Wednesday 31 December 2014

My Makeup Storage



My makeup didn't always look this good, but with some cleaning, shuffling and sorting I've managed to get it organised. 
It all started when I moved house and bathroom space cut in half (at least)! Everything was moved into my bedroom, still half packed and kind of dumped into a chest of draws. Over a few weeks this turned into a shambles of messy makeup. I couldn't find anything and products were going unused/lost. It was time for an intervention and some organisation. 

So I popped down to a great store called Daiso which, if you haven't heard of is great for storage solutions and other bits and pieces and the best part is everything is priced at $2.80...everything! I picked up some plastic and cotton drawer organisers which are handy for sorting products into categories. I also already owned these fab perspex drawers which were holding my most used makeup which I swap around all the time. 
I laid everything out and got rid of products I'd had for a while and not used. I then started sorting products into categories, powders with powders and so on. Each category was put into the new containers and I also moved my current most used products back into the perspex draws. I slotted everything into the draw for easy access. 
As you can see now, my collection looks much more organised. Everything can be seen which means I use a lot more and nothing is wasted and I'm really happy with how my makeup is now stored. 
Let me know your favourite ways to store makeup!  



No comments:

Post a Comment