Thursday 30 October 2014

Products I've Used

I don't know about you, but I love the satisfying feeling of finally finishing an entire product and getting to start fresh again either repurchasing the same product or trying a new one. I've recently been testing out quite a few new skincare products (new for me anyway) as well as finishing off some makeup items I had been using for a while. 

Let's just say with this one, I already had a backup waiting in the cupboard for when this ran out. I have never used a cleanser where I've seen such great results! I have very oily, sensitive skin and this just works wonders on my skin. It's a lightly foaming gel cleanser that I use with my clarisonic on a daily basis. 

When I heard this Micellar Cleansing Water from Garnier was a dupe for the Bioderma I was keen to test it out. Turns out they were right - I was very impressed with this product I have purchased another bottle. It feels just like you're wiping water on your face...only magic water that removes all of your makeup. No stinging eyes and no oily residue. It's a winner in my books! 

When this Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser first released, there was a lot of hype around it being a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional primer. After squeezing it from the tube, I knew it was very different. It's a clear, oily consistency that initially goes onto the skin smoothly, but after a couple of hours wear my skin just gets so oily it's a mess. I was not a fan of this product because my skin is oily enough as it is. 

Initially I was not too keen on this product; with the chunky salt particles and the smell of soap - I wasn't a fan. BUT....I completely loved what it did for my hair! When they say big, they mean big. This sucker really does give you great volume as well as deep cleaning to get all product residue off your hair. I definitely recommend picking this shampoo up from Lush. 

I've tried a lot of mascaras in my time and I was a tad disappointed with this one, which I did have high hopes for. I'd heard a lot of great things about this mascara giving that winged eye effect to your lashes, which it did. But the problem was removing it. I found this waterproof mascara so difficult to remove, and even with waterproof remover it took my lashes out and was a bit of a pain. I won't be repurchasing this one. 

The Mac Prolongwear concealer is a product I will purchase time and time again. It's definitely my holy grail concealer for under the eyes as it never creases in me or fades away, as long as you set it with a powder you're good to go. Mine was in NW20 which is a tad lighter than my skin colour which gives a highlighted effect under the eyes - love the signature Kim Kardashian under eye highlight! I'd recommend giving this one a go if you're looking for a new concealer. 

I generally stick to the one body scrub from Garnier, but decided to branch out and try something new this time. Now I know why I stick to what I know generally. This scrub was way too sweet lime smelling for my liking and there weren't enough granules to scrub away all the dead skin cells. I won't be buying this one again unfortunately...might just stick to what I know next time. 

Hope you all enjoyed my mini product reviews and were inspired to try something new next time! : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment