Wednesday 7 May 2014

Current Skincare Routine

My skin has changed dramatically over the last six months and because of this, I've had to adapt my skin care routine. I have always had fairly clear skin, apart from the odd breakout and never had much oil - if anything I had a few dry patches. Since maybe November of 2013, my skin became very oily and acne prone all of a sudden. I just thought I was having a bad skin month, but turns out I wasn't. I've been trying different methods and products to combat this acne and will let you know what has been working for me. Please keep in mind, everyone's skin is different and these products might not work for everyone, they are products that work for me and this is just how I look after my skin currently. I also want to mention, you may notice I do not have a skin cleanser included. I'm trying to finish the one I currently have, before moving onto a new product I purchased a couple of weeks ago (Perricone MD, Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser) Will let you know down the track how it goes. But now onto the good stuff!!!
I've heard a lot of people speak highly of Michael Todd True Organics products and I agree with them all. They are certified vegan, 95% organic, very gentle skin care products. I am currently using the Cranberry Antiox Hydrating Anti-ageing Toner in my routine - I find this toner very refreshing on my face and really wakes up my skin when it's feeling dull. It gives my skin a clean feeling, without feeling tight or dry. 
There's been a lot of hype about the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and comparisons to other products. To be honest I haven't tried the others but am so happy with this that I don't even want to go there. This magic water just dissolves my makeup off my face and is so gentle on my sensitive skin. The only bad thing I can say is that it won't take off waterproof makeup - other than that, I really love it and will be repurchasing mine as you can see it's almost finished. 
I'm always a bit sceptical about buying skincare products from non skincare specific companies. But in this case, I made a good choice buying the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum. I have been using this for a good five months now and my skin is loving it! It hydrates my skin so well and feels very luxurious. It's a really great base before putting primers and makeup on. 
You can't go wrong with a bottle of Mac Fix +, it's such a versatile product. I use this product in a number of different ways; to hydrate my face before putting makeup, to set my makeup, to spray on my face during the day to hydrate, on my eyeshadow brush before applying eyeshadow to make the colours more vibrant or as a sticky base when using glitters on my eyelids. Its a fairly reasonable price for so many uses and I consider it a must have in my collection. 
Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment is another great multi-use product. I always make sure to carry it in my purse or take on holidays with me because your bound to use it for something. Not only is it great for chapped lips, but it helps to moisturise dry skin on the body, burns, open wounds, insect bites and the list goes on! I will continue to repurchase this beauty. 

I hope this has been helpful for you all and please let me know what your skincare staples are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment